Monday, August 23, 2010

Where Were We?

I see my most recent post was in March... over five months ago. I often intend to write things on this here blog, but never get around to it. It's rare enough that I feel I have something worth saying. Oh well. I'm going to post something anyway.

Regarding that most recent post, it turns out that performance was the high point of Siobhan's year on Idol. We saw her this past Saturday evening at the Rose Garden. She was, of course, with 9 other Idolators. I hope she comes around here solo sometime. She was the only one of the ten who REALLY put on a SHOW.

There was one other idol who I would go see again:

Casey James - Way-More-Than-Adequate Guitar Guy

We recorded this Saturday night. I never saw this version of Casey on the show. Glimpses perhaps, but never like this.

I suppose a general update is in order. The bulk of past material on this blog is regarding my experiences with a cancer - brain tumor and melanoma. If you care to read, it starts in August 2007. The first couple of months were "exciting". As time passed, the posts and life in general got, I'm happy to say, relatively boring. Boring is good when recovering from cancer. For the last year, I've been having MRI's every 6 months instead of every 3 months. So things are groovy on the cancer front. "Groovy" means "cancer free, apparently".

Another development on the health front is that, in November 2009, I ceased smoking cigarettes. (Not that it matters THAT much, but I ceased smoking everything else decades ago.) I had tried Chantix a couple times in the last few years and ultimately, it didn't work. This time I tried Welbutrin - and it worked. The downside is I gained about 15 pounds. It's worth it.

The careful reader may have noted my earlier use of "we". I suppose not everyone knows that I was divorced earlier this year. I think most divorces are not fun at all; this one was no exception. But that's over and had been over for at least a year before the divorce was final on April Fool's Day this year. The point is, the "we" refers to my girlfriend Cindy and me. From this point on, if I refer to "we", unless otherwise stated, I'm talking about Cindy and m.

Cindy was someone I went to school with when I was a wee lad. She is a couple years older than me, but that didn't stop me from having a MAJOR crush on her. (I'm certain I wasn't the only boy that held her in high esteem... in SO many ways.) Fast forward to last summer. For some gawdz-only-know reason, I had joined Facebook. One of the VERY few cool things about FB is that one can look up old friends, e.g. school chums. One of those chums pointed out to me that Cindy was on FB AND single. So we wound up chatting and talking a bit. We saw each other at a school reunion late that summer, and started a lovely friendship. It didn't take long for us to become lovers and now we are "We".

She is my very best friend and an even better person than I imagined all those years ago. Plus... she's still at least as hot as she was back then... and believe you me, that is saying something. Ask anyone. Do NOT make me post pictures.

The latest news for "we" is that we are proud parents of a Boston Terrier girl puppy named Molly. She is almost 3 months old is the smartest puppy I've ever known. She is SUCH a quick study. She is as calm as a puppy can be. Of course I could go on and on. Let's just say we are thrilled to have her in our family.



And that's the news from 'round here.

Oh alright. Here's some more Molly love. This was the night we brought her home.

No comments: