Monday, January 07, 2008

A New Record!

I knew it had been awhile since I updated but I really didn't think it was THAT long. I told my dad last week I just don't have the volition to update. That's what it is. No volition.

Not a lot of news on the brain tumor front. Second cycle of monthly chemo was last week. Since I never really felt like I recovered from the first month, I can't WAIT to find out how I'm going to feel later this week or so. Maybe it won't amount to much difference.

Some good news is that I'm getting off the Keppra (anti-seizure med). I had another EEG last week and my neurologist gave me the green light to wean myself off it. This is a drug I've been taking since before the surgery. I do remember a mild side effect when I first started taking it - just a little wooziness; I haven't really noticed it at all since the surgery. It will be interesting to see in a couple weeks if I notice any difference getting off the Keppra.

I'm just finishing the 3rd book (The Amber Spyglass) in the His Dark Materials trilogy. The first book in the trilogy, The Golden Compass, was released as a major motion picture back before the holidays. Tom Sawyer meets Back to the Future meets Lord of the Rings - all basted with a generous glaze of Paradise Lost. Good stuff.

No comments: