Thursday, May 14, 2009

All's Well

Just in case anyone still checks this blog, I'm good. All results have been clear.

In August 2008 I had a melanoma removed from my temple. If you look at pictures from the tumor surgery, you can see it. We caught it very early. It was about .5 mm... barely thick enough to be classified as a melanoma. So gotta keep an eye on the skin.

An interesting detail - the only reason I was at the dermatologist in the first place was to try to get a handle on a small patch of dry skin on my forehead. My regular doc tried some things but they didn't work so he referred me to the dermatologist. This skin guy gave me some potions that cleared up the dry skin. He also said "While you're here, would you like me to give you a full body check?" Why not, right? Good thing he checked, right? Whew.

Also, early this year I started taking anti-seizure medication (Lamictal). This was a preventive measure only. After reporting to my neurologist that I had been experiencing some sensations that reminded me of how my arm felt before the discovery of the brain tumor, he suggested taking the anti-seizure med just in case.

So... still good.

No comments: