Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Kinsey

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Kinsey (2004) - Review

See? I do occasionally watch a semi-current mainstream flick.

I love history so I suppose I'm predisposed to like good biographies. This one appears to be relatively factual and the subject matter is compelling. Liam Neeson does a fine turn as the eponymous scholar who shattered the vestigial illusions of the Victorian era regarding sex. Laura Linney is fabulous as his supportive wife with a distinct personality of her own. Oliver Platt (who I heart) has a smallish but powerful role as president of Indiana University, where Kinsey spends his career.

There is some interesting background at The Kinsey Institute site.

Hats off to a film that highlights the man who showed that sex other than man/woman missionary can't be THAT evil if everyone's doing it.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com (out of 5)

No comments: