Monday, December 12, 2005

White Stripes: Under Blackpool Lights

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

White Stripes: Under Blackpool Lights (2004) -
"I've been thinkin' about my doorbell... when ya gonna ring it? When ya gonna ring it?"

You either love The White Stripes, you like them a whole lot, or you've never heard of them. This is a little over an hour of concert footage recorded in early 2004. There was only one song I'd heard before ("Seven Nation Army") but I was rapt the entire hour. It is so rare to see originality anymore, but I think this qualifies. The White Stripes are Jack White (vocals, guitar, keyboard) and his ex-wife, Meg White (on bouncy drums and the occasional sort of backing vocal). In other words, it's Jack White. And the man is insane in the sublimest ways.

If you've never heard them, here are links to a couple of their recent performances on The Daily Show. Under videos, it's "The Denial Twist" and "My Doorbell" you're after.

If that doesn't work, try videos at mp3.com. Look under "Videos".

If I were younger, I'd be a groupie.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com (out of 5)

No comments: