Sunday, December 18, 2005

Ray

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Ray (2004) - Review
It's really all been said, hasn't it? I don't think anybody didn't like this movie. I don't know anyone who doesn't like Ray Charles' music, and this film is full of it. Unless you've been under a rock, you already have heard that Jamie Foxx nailed his portrayal of the legend. I think so too. Roger Ebert says it in the review I link to above: "Foxx so accurately reflects my own images and memories of Charles that I abandoned thoughts of how much 'like' Charles he was and just accepted him as Charles, and got on with the story." That was my reaction too. I had to remind myself that that wasn't Ray Charles on the screen.

Now I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing Walk the Line.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com (out of 5)

No comments: