Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Benefit Day

This evening was the La Farge Cancer Benefit Extravaganza. I have to admit to a bit of trepidation as the evening approached. I don't have a lot of experience at being a "victim". But everything was very nice. Lots and lots and lots of people showed up. Lots and lots of nice things were donated for the silent auction and as far as I know, everything found a home.

The band rocked, although one could tell they toned it down a bit considering they were performing in the sanctuary of a church. The guitar player was pretty good and I wanted his guitar. It looked like a classic Gibson or maybe a knockoff. Lots and lots of silver - all the fretwork was silver. Beautiful.

There were lots and lots of people I didn't know but I met many of them. Of course there was a considerable contingent of folks from my workplace. That was very nice.

People are just so nice. It's really overwhelming. It's not a huge building but it's decent sized - it was practically overflowing. Before the sun went down there were dozens of people standing around outside. It was a standing room only crowd.

Let's celebrate small towns and the goodness in people.

No comments: