Monday, October 01, 2007

Hair Loss Commences

At lunch today Lori noticed some loose hair on my head. She thought I'd shaved or something. On further examination it is quite apparent that I'm losing hair in at least a couple spots. It was noticeable enough to me that I was compelled to cover up with a bandana.

This was after spotting my name on a poster advertising a band that's playing in town next week. It's the band that's playing at the big cancer benefit. My name, Jeffrey Carl, on a cancer benefit poster - and not as a guitar hero. Yes, it's another "Poor Me" moment.

Cancer SUCKS!!!

OK, I'm better now.

Hey, did I tell you about the awesome benefit next week? A guy with whom we work happens to also be the pastor at one of the churches in town. It seems there's quite the little outbreak of cancer in the area and this lovely man decided to throw a benefit to help the families (ours and two others) defray some of the inevitable unexpected expenses trying to get healthy again can bring.

So there's going to be dinner, entertainment, and a silent auction. When I'm not feeling sorry for myself, I'm actually quite grateful. I've seen this town roll into action when people need help and it's a sight to behold. One of the joys of rural living.

Nineteen days of WMD to go.

No comments: