Saturday, September 29, 2007

Stranger Than Fiction

I watched a lovely film last night. Unfortunately, I can't tell you anything about it without risking tainting the experience should you choose to watch. I have plenty to say about it, but only after you've seen it. What a dilemma!

I laughed. I cried. It was much better than Cats. Seriously, it is a clever, thoughtful and thought-provoking, charming film. Will Ferrell is perfect. Dustin Hoffman was a delight. I don't know why Maggie Gyllenhaal hasn't become a huge star yet. Can't help but love her in this. Emma Thompson is her usual excellent self.

If you have to see a review, I suppose this one by Roger Ebert isn't too spoilerish.

I will say that there are some themes that are especially poignant with regard to things that have occupied my mind these last couple months.

I give it 4.5 stars out of 5.

No comments: