Monday, September 17, 2007

4 Down - 29 to Go

Met with my medical oncologist today for a "how's-it-going" check-in. "So far, so good." He just doesn't seem to be the slightest bit locked in to my case. Maybe he's mad because I asked for a second opinion. I guess that's how it goes.

Also met with the dietician. Not much to talk about there, except for some details about antioxidants. (Don't want to OD on antioxidant supplements while undergoing treatment. Normal dietary antioxidants are fine.) We mainly talked about what a great guy Michael Pollan is and how much we both think "Eat Food!" pretty much would solve all the world's problems. Good times.

Now for more photos. These first two are me taking my dose of WMD. I still get a little lump in my throat when I look at that second one. Kinda like throwing yourself on the mercy of the universe and hoping the result is a net positive.

Getting strapped in

Phasers on stun

That thing I'm holding in my hands in the pictures is the as yet unnamed cow my wife gave me when I was in the hospital for the surgery. Since Lori assures me that this cow is full up with healing love, I figured I would be better off with that than the ring the techs gave me so "they would know where my hands are". You can't see it in the photos, but my ankles are bound too. Sadists.

The next one is what I swallow every morning before heading to the big city. In the picture you see 4 chemo pills and 1 anti-nausea pill. What's not in the picture is the anti-seizure pill I also take at the same time.

Add the Keppra and it's $211 every morning - I know!!

I have made the executive decision to turn off comments on this blog. It is due mostly to my paranoia and my closely guarded privacy. And I'm a control freak.

If you would like to comment, please feel free to drop me an email. At the bottom of each post is a little envelope with an arrow on it. If you click on that, you can easily send me an email. I assure you, your emails are quite welcome.

Tonight we celebrate nicephews (non-gender specific term for nieces and nephews). This episode features Sydney, who enjoyed her first day of school last week. Since I couldn't pick one, I decided to put them all up. Forgive the indulgence of this proud uncle.

Sydney!!

More Sydney!!

Yet again... Sydney!!

Ladies and Gentleman... I give you... Sydney!!!!

Almost forgot... Here's a quote I shamelessly borrowed from a friend on her online journal. I had never heard this before and it's just too perfect.

Life is short and we have not too much time for gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark way with us.
Oh, be swift to love!
Make haste to be kind.

Henri-Frederic Amiel, 1821-1881
Swiss Philosopher and Poet

No comments: