Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Grinding

I've had enough of this radiation stuff. It is definitely not agreeing with my body and soul. I'm not experiencing any dramatic side effects other than some very mild blecchy tummy and some not insignificant fatigue. I hate to say it... but it feels like death. Not that I think I'm dying... not even close. But this process feels deadly. It's getting harder and harder to climb up on that table every morning. Twenty-eight more times to go. Thank the gawdz I have my cow.

I saw Dr. Ebersold, my neurosurgeon, this morning. He was pretty much just checking in. He was planning on reviewing my post-op MRI with me but they were having some technical issues. I told him I had seen the MRI with Dr. Minehan, my radiation oncologist, so he (Dr. Ebersold) decided we didn't need to review.

I mentioned to him what Dr. Minehan had said about the reduced swelling being a possible signal of reduced mitotic cells present. Dr. Ebersold's eyes lit up and he said "I'm so glad you mentioned that. Dr. Minehan is absolutely right." He went into more detail, but basically recapped what Dr. Minehan had said. My impression was that Dr. Ebersold agrees wholeheartedly that the apparent reduction in swelling is a very good sign from the standpoint of predicting how many mitotic cells are present. Reduced swelling = fewer mitotic cells. So more positive indicators.

I also had another Healing Touch session with Marti. It was much, much easier for me to focus on my breathing and stay in my body than it was last week. I did notice that when she had her hand on my forehead, it was noticeably harder for me to focus. When she moved her hand from my forehead to my chest, the difference was palpable - I could immediately re-focus effortlessly on my breath.

I reported this to Marti so she got out her pendulum and checked my chakras. Sure enough, everything was flowing just fine - except for the 3rd eye chakra. So now we know to check that before future sessions. Fascinating!

If you haven't checked out Lori's Spare a Dollar ticker recently, you can do that. We've had a handful of extremely generous donors. I am truly shattered at the depth of loving support from all of you. For the Spare a Dollar donations - of any size - thank you. For all the PTO time donations - of all sizes - thank you. For the rides to appointments and the willingness of those to drive who didn't get a chance (yet :)) - thank you. Thank you all for being there. We are truly blessed to have so many people pulling along.

This evening I'm celebrating not having to do this mess alone.

No comments: