Saturday, September 22, 2007

Still Hangin' In

It's been days since I updated. It's not that I'm doing so awful; it's mainly that if I'm not in bed sleeping, I'm wishing I was. It seems the effects of the radiation are cumulative, which means that as the week progresses, the fatigue becomes significant. Thank the gawdz for the weekend. No radiation means I'm feeling quite a bit perkier.

Nothing much to report since we last met. Monday is the big trip to Rochester to meet with the brain tumor expert medical oncologist. I used to live in Rochester and, in fact, worked for Mayo as a temp for awhile. So it's not a big deal to be going to Mayo. Of course I never expected to be there as a patient seeking a second opinion on a brain tumor therapy program.

Here's a little something for anyone who has ingested LSD or is interested in that kind of thing. Journalist Sidney Katz died this past week. He spent 15 years of his career with Macleans, a Canadian weekly magazine. As a tribute, Macleans published Katz's famous "My 12 Hours as a Madman", his account of his 1953 acid trip - all in the name of science, of course. Brought back some memories. Especially since every time I took LSD, it was in the name of science... just like Katz.

No comments: