Friday, August 31, 2007

More Photos

T -1:48 and counting until last scheduled dose of steroids. I actually took a real, honest-to-goodness nap this afternoon and it was good. I might have slept an hour, but these days it felt like a full-on hibernation.

My brother sent me all his pics from the hospital stay. Here they come:

Lovely day - Another nice shot of my Dad and brother before heading in for the big event.

Smiling faces - Connie is on the left. She was the surgeon's right-hand person when it came to my patient care throughout. We're all in "head for the OR" mode.

Ready, Set, GO! - Let's do this thing.

You sleep where you can - My papa had a long night of travel. You can see outside it's a lovely day. Within hours, the Floods of 2007 had begun. Hard to believe.

What just happened?? - This was in ICU right about the time I threw my brother a curve ball by telling him my favorite team was the Red Sox. I'm not sure he's over it yet. Even an hour after undergoing brain surgery, I may still eff with ya, bro. Sorry about that.

Interesting surgery side note: That little bulb you see to the right side of my head (your right, my left) is like a valve for releasing excess blood and brain fluid from my surgery. It had to stay below 10cc during an 8-hour period before they could take it out. I remember very much wanting to get that out of there. It was a magical moment when they took it out. It's the little things.

Dressing change - The angelic Connie once again.

CSI - This looks like a shot from a crime drama. Like an autopsy. Like I'm dead. It amuses me.

Head Wound Harry

So there you have it. Thanks, KC, for coming through with more quality photography.

Go Dodgers!!

No comments: