Thursday, August 30, 2007

Yikes

I don't know what's up, but it's 3 am and I'm wide awake. I'm downright bouncy.

I didn't have any sleep at all during the day to today (Wednesday) and the usual 4 or so hours the previously night. I've been drinking a bit more caffeine the last couple days, but caffeine by itself doesn't usual effect my sleep. I spaced out my meds at my 8 pm dosing so ended up taking a steroid dosage at a slightly odd time (mostly just several hours late).

As much as I want to sleep (and I really, truly do want to... desperately), I have to admit that not having to sleep as much as usual is seductive. I've long complained that life is too short to spend so damn much of it sleeping! Frequent naps and a couple hours a night ought to be plenty, don't you agree?

Part of me will miss the sweet thrumming of the steroids coursing through my body. But even now, feeling invincible and nearly messianic in my ability to focus, I'd really like nothing more than to sleep for 8 dreamless, wakeless hours of rest.

The last day on the steroids is Saturday. If you don't hear from me at all on Sunday, you'll know where I'll be and what I'll be doing.

No comments: