Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Musings, meanderings, and other medium-sized words I recall

Time is passing by rapidly yet slooooooooooooooow. It seems to be expanding and contracting. It seems like I've been home a lot longer than a couple days, yet it's already Thursday.

The speech seems to be improving dramatically; this pleases me no end. No guarantees there won't be any glaring mistakes, but I'm going it alone - no more checking my work by my wife. She has been marvelous, but the time has come for the training wheels to come off.

I watched a complete, complex film - The Prestige - and I think I got most of it. OK, I did need some help with some of the plot points, but I don't think I was the only person who needed some help - brain surgery or no. Maybe I'll be back to the movie blog later, but for now, let's say it was a fine film and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

We went up to the CROPP cafe for lunch. It was divine. I saw lots of my peeps, that was very nice. I was going to try to do a PO for someone, but gave it up. Got a call from Brandy, from whom I had not heard from since before my particular unpleasantness, so I let the PO go for another day. I guess that makes me unprofessional. Tomorrow.

Many of my co-workers have some significant unpleasantness of their own from the weather. People with bridges out, losing 4 years worth of firewood gone down the river... I'm sure I haven't heard the half of it. This weather is the bollocks. It's really getting old. Please stop already.

Here's a picture from today... for my Mom. Hi, Mom! I love you! :)

I'm still having a hard getting over this whole thing. It happens so fast. I'm not sure how it's supposed to happen, but it doesn't seemed like it's supposed to happen like this. Just a few weeks ago, we would joked about "whoa... here comes a seizure! woooooo, that was weird!" Next thing you know, you're having your brain cut open. It does make one think.

Maybe it was because of our familiarity with seizures with Jordan. Of course when Jordan has seizures, it's no laughing matter, but we're familiar with it... it happens a lot. So I'm thinking it's some neuro malfunction... maybe something like a seizure, but nothing too weird. Turns out it was an actual tumor. A tumor in my brain. A big, swollen scary tumor.

So now the big scary tumor seems to be gone. We'll see what happens, but part of me feels like it's over. Let's just pretend it's over for now. Life may just go on like normal. What does that mean?

I'm indulging in a bit of blah blah blah here. It's late and I didn't intend to get all introspective... sometimes this is what just comes out. I've been watching The Deer Hunter off and on while I've been posting. That might have something to do with the existentialism or whatever it is. Meryl Streep sure used to be pretty.

When it gets down to it, I wonder how any of us gets through it all. And for what? Yet here we are. We seem to believe it's worthwhile. I know I'm in.

2 comments:

MandM said...

You sound so much better and look good too.
I saw Deer Hunter in the theater, and it had a profound affect on me, still does. There are parts of it I still can't watch. Christopher Walken appears so different in DH than the subsequent rolls that I've seen him in. Meryl was a very pretty young actress.
BTW, Where's your entry for today? Not entered? :)

love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Le said some thing about a tattoo for your scar. How about a pic of a tab and the words, pull tab to open?
I often though of a zipper for my leg. Lov ya, see u online.