Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Photos

This day is much better... the speech thing. The talking is getting much better and the typing is getting better too. My wife says I'm typing like a six-year-old... I will take it. :D

I've been out and about some. Walked down by our old house. They're trying to clean up the basement after the storm. Our house got lucky. We're good.

Stopped by the OV retail store for some delicious OJ... saw some co-workers... that was nice.

I'm gonna get to the photos... this may take a while. :)

You're in for WHAT?
This was on the way in to the hospital. My dad, Dave, and my brother, Kevin, had just pulled in from their flight from Minneapolis.

Unfortunately, our camera ran out of batteries after one shot. Replacements were acquired shortly, but didn't get any pre-op shots.

First shot after surgery
I don't remember this but Lori says I was awake. This was in ICU after recovery room after OR.

I guess that qualifies as a smile.

First meal - It actually seemed rather tasty at the time. Nice they could include my pee jug with my FOOD!!

Group shots
Kevin, Tristan, Dave, Bella - Tristan was especially happy to meet his grandpa and his uncle.

Tristan, jdc, Bella - Bella... what can you say? I think I was fighting over the remote, but I was the only one fighting.

The money shot - This was pretty cleaned up compared to a couple others we had. I think we counted 19 staples.

6 comments:

Mel said...

So happy you are home and the surgery went well. Lori is keeping us up to date on your progress.

Unknown said...

Your strength is an inspiration. I'm sure speech will come back in time, but your writing style is very cogent. Stay tough and thank you for sharing those pictures. Here's some positive energy coming at you.

Love, Beth

Unknown said...

I love your pictures! Keep them coming! It was more then amazing to talk to you today. You sound strong and wonderful.
please know that you are in my heart, prayers, and I am sending love to you and yours!

MandM said...

WOW! you're doing such wonderful documentation of your adventure.
I'm so grateful, it's next best thing to being there.

Love you,
Mom

Anonymous said...

I've found that both the trees and the gods have a tendency to listen a bit more closely if there's a little swearing involved. Seems like they've been listening...so Fuckin A.
Sorry I missed you at lunch today. Keep on that healing path bro.

SBMB said...

Thanks for the photos. I have to admit that my natural stoicism was tested by the photo titled "I guess that qualifies as a smile." Now, when do you get the medical marijuana?