Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Vito's Time is Past

I decided the picture I was using on my blog needed a change. As much as I love the film and in particular, that character, it's was just feeling a little dark and dismal for some reason.

Six months or so ago I realized that I have a dream. I have no idea from whence it came, but I woke up one morning knowing what I want to do with my life for the first time ever. I want to raise goats and make cheese.

I've always had a bit of an affinity for goats. When I was a kid, it seemed to me (in the Christian bible) the goats got a bit of a raw deal and I couldn't help but root for them, even though I wasn't supposed to. For whatever reason, when it comes to domesticated animals, I've been a goat guy since way back.

I've long been fascinated with cheese - not just that it's yummy and cheesy, but the history, culture (both kinds), production, all of it. It doesn't hurt that I've recently found myself employed at an organization that spends a bit of energy on production and promotion of not just any cheese, but ORGANIC cheese!

So far the reality of the dream has taken the form of talking to some people and doing some research regarding what it takes to make this dream happen. It will surely take some time to get to a place where it can happen, but the point today is that the dream is alive and well.

So... re-affirming the dream and needing a new graphic for the blog, I chose this guy. What he says to me is "I am goat. I'm a pretty happy dude and basically easy to get along with. But if you look into my eyes, you see that I can be serious. I am a vulnerable and dependent animal, but you would be mistaken if you took that as helplessness. If required, I have ways get my point across - fight, if you will. Ignore what's behind my eyes at your peril."

I have a dream.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Goats are cool"
-Beavis-

"You just can't beat the person who never gives up."
-Babe Ruth-

I love you bro! Great rapping w/you last night. We're all pulling hard for you man.

MandM said...

Well, so much for my knowledge of
goats, or my updated glasses of last month, I thought it was a cow!

Does that get your goat??????
Ahhh, cheez whiz, I hope not...

Ok Ok, I'll stop.(for the moment at least)


love you,
Mom

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Normally I wouldn't help in a situation like this, but for you Candy? Once his wife clears it with him, you should be all set.

Adam Parker said...

Hi dude, Adam here...
Lori just told me about things. Much love from everyone here (me and Stella and Miss Jane). Hope you're feeling chipper right now. Brain tumors aren't my favorite subject (seeing your photos brought back forgotten memories of my mom, who had a glioblastoma) but nonetheless I'll be thinking of you here on in. Stay warm and focused, and I *will* see you next time I'm back in Wisconsin (even if it's another 8 years away). Btw goats rule. Follow your heart!